Brian Westbrook made his mark in the NFL and is now at the forefront of sports-tech and innovation
Brian Westbrook is Investor at SeventySix Capital and a Member of the SeventySix Capital Athlete Venture Group. He played 9 seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round of the 2002 NFL Draft after playing college football for Villanova University. He earned two Pro Bowl selections in 2004 and 2007.
In this episode, the following topics are discussed:
- Sports technology and venture capital
- VSiN and sports betting
- NFL response to legal sports betting
- Responsible gambling
- Analytics and legalization of gambling
- If you have a problem gambling seek help
- TheSeventySix Capital selection process for startups
- Life after professional football and business bootcamps
- 90% of NFL players will most likely need to work after pro football
- Today, athletes as business-people
- Networking important for life after football
- Longterm vision for sports betting as a business
The No Line Podcast
The best bet is the responsible one!
The No Line Podcast is dedicated to sharing stories about those leading the gaming industry forward — making it better, making it more responsible.
Interested in being a guest or sharing your organization’s “responsible” story?
Contact Philip Beere at email@example.com or visit the website at www.nolinepodcast.com
Philip is the Head of Creative and Partnerships at PJ Media. He is Head of Marketing for Gaming Analytics. Previously he was Head of Marketing for Sightline Payments and Play+. He is the Founder of the subscription-based marketing platform for doctors, www.rfamd.com.
As the Host of the No Line Podcast, Philip enjoys sharing stories about those leading the industry forward toward responsible gaming. He also hosts the podcasts, Corporate Sustainability and Doctor Thyroid.
Connect with Philip
PJ Media is a marketing agency located in Las Vegas, Nevada — offering 360° services for companies serving the gaming industry.