GVC’s New Partnership with Harvard and How the US Can Learn from the European Industry’s Mistakes
In this episode of the NO LINE Podcast, he and Philip James discuss the partnership between GVC and Harvard Medical School, and how the United States sports betting market can avoid making the same mistakes as EuLycka is the author of several books and more than 80 academic articles. He has been a regulatory and in-house legal advisor for myriad global online gambling operators for more than nine years, specializing in compliance, legal, regulatory, and licensing matters. Lycka currently serves as a board member of the EGBA, ESSA, and JDigital. He completed internships for both the Senate and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
He has an LLM degree from the College of Europe in Bruges, an LLB degree from the University of Law in London, and also graduated from the Law Program at Charles University in Prague.
Lycka will be presenting at the Risk Management and Responsible Gaming session at G2E on October 15th, 2019 at 3:00-3:45 pm at the Special Events Stage (Sports Betting Symposium Track).
In this episode, the following topics are discussed:
- Martin Lycka introduction
- GVC’s interest in the US market and MGM
- GVC’s responsible gaming program
- Partnership with Harvard Medical School’s Division on Addiction
- How GVC collects its data for Harvard
- What the US can learn from Europe’s mistakes (the good, the bad, and the ugly)
- Communication between regulators and the industry
- Wishlist for the future (education on a granular level)
- Final thoughts
- S.: If Lycka could design a billboard
- GVC Holdings
- GVC’s joint venture with MGM
- “Changing for the Better” safer gambling campaign
- Harvard Medical School’s Division on Addiction
- Match-fixing in sports betting
- “What the U.S. can learn about legalized sports betting from the U.K.” (article)
- “What Can the US Learn from European Sports Betting?” (article)
- How sports betting odds are set
- Know Your Customer
The No Line Podcast
The best bet is the responsible one!
The No Line Podcast is dedicated to sharing stories about those leading the gaming industry forward — making it better, making it more responsible.
Interested in being a guest or sharing your organization’s “responsible” story?
Contact Philip Beere at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.nolinepodcast.com
Philip is the Head of Creative and Partnerships at PJ Media. He is Head of Marketing for Gaming Analytics. Previously he was Head of Marketing for Sightline Payments and Play+. He is the Founder of the subscription-based marketing platform for doctors, www.rfamd.com.
As the Host of the No Line Podcast, Philip enjoys sharing stories about those leading the industry forward toward responsible gaming. He also hosts the podcasts, Corporate Sustainability and Doctor Thyroid.
Connect with Philip
PJ Media is a marketing agency located in Las Vegas, Nevada — offering 360° services for companies serving the gaming industry.