In this episode, Cameron Conn discusses GameSecure, the newest addition to the world of responsible gaming. It’s a way to protect self-excluded individuals before they can even get on the casino floor – both in brick and mortar places and online spaces.
Before starting GameSecure, Conn worked for fifteen years in the industry; his impressive career includes casino design, gaming operations, customer development, revenue generation, and iGaming. In the Vancouver market, Conn organized responsible gaming programs and educated industry members on the “services and processes that would become the gold operating standard within the market.” He named Bencon Technologies, Inc. after each of his parents.
Conn graduated from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
In this episode, the following topics are discussed:
- Cameron Conn Introduction
- The need for a solution like GameSecure
- The Bennett family legacy (Circus Circus, Paragon)
- Room for error in self-exclusion upkeep
- How GameSecure identifies individuals
- Why a program like this hasn’t existed before
- Assurance in data exchange
- The impossibility of a one-size-fits-all solution
- Predictive analytics
- Current responsible gaming efforts
- How operators can align with GameSecure
- Seeking investors to get GameSecure into the marketplace
- What operators can do to demonstrate their commitment to responsible gaming
- Final thoughts (the billboard opportunity)
- William G. Bennett and Circus Circus
- Paragon Gaming
- Bencon Technologies, Inc.
- Know Your Customer
- New Jersey 2013 gambling launch
- Pennsylvania SE database
- Predictive analytics for problem gambling
- G2E (Global Gaming Expo)
Follow the progress of GameSecure via their website.
The No Line Podcast
The best bet is the responsible one!
The No Line Podcast is dedicated to sharing stories about those leading the gaming industry forward — making it better, making it more responsible.
Interested in being a guest or sharing your organization’s “responsible” story?
Contact Philip Beere at email@example.com or visit the website at www.nolinepodcast.com
Philip is the Head of Creative and Partnerships at PJ Media. He is Head of Marketing for Gaming Analytics. Previously he was Head of Marketing for Sightline Payments and Play+. He is the Founder of the subscription-based marketing platform for doctors, www.rfamd.com.
As the Host of the No Line Podcast, Philip enjoys sharing stories about those leading the industry forward toward responsible gaming. He also hosts the podcasts, Corporate Sustainability and Doctor Thyroid.
Connect with Philip
PJ Media is a marketing agency located in Las Vegas, Nevada — offering 360° services for companies serving the gaming industry.